Social Icons

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Want Fitness Super Powers? Ask The Right Questions



Want Super Powers?
Ask The Right Questions








Chris Shah
Founder, Fitness Coach


If advanced Aliens landed on planet Earth I feel the first thing they would say is “Experience is not what happens to you, but how you react to what happens is real experience” Aldous Huxley.



At the gym we will encounter many people who wish to achieve health, fitness and weight loss goals, and along the path, they might lose momentum for any number of reasons.

This is natural but the difference between successful people and people who constantly fail is the way they speak to themselves and the questions they ask.

 
The secret lies in the questions you ask yourself



I once attended a seminar by peak performance coach Anthony Robbins and like a Hollywood Movie my life was never the same. Anthony taught me something I want to share with you.

The habitual questions we ask ourselves everyday shape our emotions and the results we get.

Could something as simple as the language we use and the questions we ask be the key to willpower super powers? I say YES!




Our brain works very similar to Google search engine. Ask it “Why I’m I overweight?” and it will respond with an image and caption “Because you’re lazy and have no will power.” Ouch!

Ask Google (your brain) “How can I lose weight?” “How can I improve my diet”? “How do I fit into these jeans by my birthday”?

Guess what happens? You ask a question and your brain searches for answers.

Ask bad disempowering questions you get bad disempowering answers and emotions.

Ask good empowering questions and you get good empowering answers and emotions.







Here are some examples to empower yourself with.

Example 1:
Bad question or statement: “I’m in terrible shape”
I heard this from a new client on her FIRST training session with me.

Google the word “terrible” you get terrible images and emotions.

Example 1:
Good question or statement: “How much have you exercised in the past few months? I ask “I have not worked out in months.”.  “So, you are exercising 100% more than you have in the past few months?”

It’s like being broke then earning 100% more money. The choice is yours to dwell on past misfortune or to celebrate your new windfall.

One choice makes your brain work against you and the other makes your brain work for you.

Example 2: Bad question or statement
“I’m too tired to work out after work”

Google the word “tired” and get images played of being tired in your head and body.

Example 2: Good question or statement
“How do I get more energy after work?”

Ask your brain and it will search out answers to work for you:
  • Turn the TV off earlier to get more sleep.
  •  Have better nutrition choices and food timing to increase energy.
  •  Meditate to help bring stress down.

People who fail to achieve their goals complain and blame.

People who achieve their goals will analyze and ask empowering questions.
What can I learn from this? What good can come of this?


 As Always I’m dedicated to your Success,
Chris Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment